Effective date: 1 June 2021
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ICARD (hereinafter referred to as ‘ICARD’) Please take the time to read over ALL of the competition Terms and Conditions below, as well as the Terms and Conditions and details specified with each particular competition. Entry into any competition run by ICARD automatically implies that you (Hereinafter referred to as you/You or ‘the Participant’ as defined as a person who enters, competes in or is otherwise eligible to win a promotional competition’) have read, understood and agreed to the Terms and Conditions outlined below. ICARD COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Your entry into the competition and/or your acceptance of a prize (in the event that you win a prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of the T&Cs in your own capacity and on behalf of any person with whom you may share a prize (in the event that you win a prize which is for you and one or more additional persons).
- No member of ICARD and/or any of their member/affiliated companies or agencies, and members of their immediate families; nor members, directors, partners, employees, agents, or consultants of ICARD or the sponsors of any competition, or any of their affiliated companies or agencies, and members of their immediate family, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the promoter are eligible to win a competition conducted by ICARD.
- These are the standard terms and conditions for competitions conducted by or in association with ICARD.
- To be eligible for the competition, participants must reside in the Republic of South Africa and be over 18 years old.
- Any requirements to be eligible for the competition in addition to the terms and conditions listed in this section will be clearly stated for each competition.
- You may not win a competition if you have won a competition promoted by us within the past twelve months. You will be eligible to win in a competition promoted by us after the expiry of twelve months after the date on which you won the last competition. Only one participant or entrant per household is entitled to win one prize per competition.
- ICARD reserves the right to limit the number of entries made by any one participant.
- Only individuals (i.e. natural persons) are eligible to enter. Suspected competition spammers, both individuals and companies, will be disqualified.
- The deadline for entry into the competition or promotion is clearly stated. No entries will be accepted after that date.
- Without limitation, ICARD and our affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the Internet, telephone lines or at any service provider, web site or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date.
- Details of how the prize winner will be notified will be clearly stated for each competition.
- The outcome of the competition is subject to the decision of the judge and ICARD, whose decision is final, and no negotiations and or correspondence will be entered into after the fact.
- Prizes may not be exchanged for cash or any other prize, nor are they transferable.
- If the prize is not claimed within the set period stated for the competition of the prize winner being announced, the winner forfeits the prize and ICARD reserves the right to redistribute or dispose of the prize at its discretion.
- ICARD may require you to provide ICARD with such additional information as we may reasonably require in order to process and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of a prize.
- By participating in the competition, you agree to release ICARD harmless from any and all losses, harm, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the competition or resulting from the participation or acceptance, possession, use or receiving of any prize.
- Any costs or expenses which you may incur other than in respect of those items specifically included in a prize are for your own account. ICARD will not be responsible for any costs or expenses which you, or your partner (if applicable), incur during and for purposes of your entry into the competition and your acceptance and/or use of a prize.
- You must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept and use a prize, including, as regards to international travel, a valid passport and all necessary visa and travel documentation, which documents and permissions it is your responsibility to obtain at your own cost, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the prize date as may be required by the relevant authorities.
- ICARD reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend any competition or promotion.
- In the event where a competition or promotion is cancelled or suspended, all participants or entrants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse against ICARD, their employees, agents, directors, partners, consultant’s suppliers, sponsors or promoters. and/or any of their member/affiliated companies or agencies, and members of their immediate families; nor members, or the sponsors or promoters.
- ICARD will not be held responsible for any mistakes or discrepancies contained in any competition.
- In the event that you win a prize you will be requested to consent to the publication of your name, image, and the use of your details and photographs by ICARD in marketing material and for marketing activities, for which no fee will be payable to you. You are entitled to decline such consent.
- ICARD will not distribute any of the personal information supplied to any third party, without the express written consent of the individual.
- You accept the offer that your participation in the competition, and your acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
- Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above terms and conditions will result in the immediate disqualification of the participant or entrant.
- By participating in any competition hosted by ICARD, participants further agree to be bound by ICARD website Terms and Conditions.
- By entering the competition you agree to receive regular marketing material from ICARD, which includes and are not limited to other promotions, new product releases, newsletters, etc.